Friday, October 19, 2007

Baby Appointment

Ok, Ok, I am sorry it has taken me so long to post this. I am still getting used to this blogging world :)

Our baby appointment went really well. I was definitely tired after all the poking and stuff but it was worth it. This was the longest Dr. appointment in my life! I filled out all the paper work, handed it into the nurse and waited...
It was good having L there to get my mind off all they were going to do. He was really silly singing songs and joking with me. Then after an hour of sitting on "the chair" with L by my side, the doctor came in. He was a very nice, professional Dr. L and I both liked him a lot. He was in and out in no time and said, "you are definitely pregnant" and then set us up with a sonogram time.

We ate lunch at Pizza Hut and as we were there it was just more and more real to me what was taking place. I think I teared up about 2 times at lunch and my husband just put his arm around me and told me he was so happy about our life we have.

Headed back to the hospital for the sonogram. Now this was the neat part. The nurse showed us this little baby inside of me. As we looked at the screen you could see a little flashing light like a lightning bug going on and off. THAT was the heartbeat. It's amazing. I was just mesmerized while I know L was looking for two babies. So I asked the nurse, "Can you only see one in there?" She said "Well, that's all I can see for now but it is very early and i am glad we have such a good picture of this". Either way we were happy. We were just in la la land for the day. What a wonderful day it was, despite the uncomfortable parts. God is so good. We have been blessed and there is so much that is to come!

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you guys. The stage of life your in is so much fun. Daydreaming about what motherhood will be like. A family? I hope all of your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christal, I am so happy for you and L! You guys deserve the best! You both will make wonderful parents! I can't wait to hear more...glad your appointment went well. Love you bunches! Praying for you always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see your blog - was getting a tiny bit concerned. Know you are so very excited and full of plans and thoughts. Love both you and L!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was starting to get concerned, too! =)

    What a relief to know that you and L were just relishing the moment of letting parenthood sink in!

    I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I knew the outcome I was still checking to see what you wrote. This is just one of those moments of life that will take your breath away. Bask in it. Breath it in deep and hold on to it. It will slip away so quickly. Cherish each other and every moment of the next few month.
    I love you both so much.
    Thanks for making me grama again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats!!!!! babies are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crys~ I love the baby calendar at the bottom of your page! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete