Monday, February 18, 2008

Brooke Fraser

If you are looking for some new songs to put on your ipod or an artist that will speak to your heart you need to check out Brooke Fraser. She is a native of Sydney, Australia and is like the pop star of Australia right now. She also sings and write songs for Hillsong. Songs like "None But Jesus" "Lead Me To The Cross" and "Hosanna". I love her music so much and wanted to share her with the blogger world if you have no clue who she is. Check out the video below to the song Shadowfeet. I love what they did with this song in the video. The song speaks of being found in the Lord when everything is falling around. Check her out! I love this girl.


Shadow Feet
Walking, stumbling
On these shadow feet
Toward home, a land that I've never seen
I am changing
Less and less asleep
Made of different stuff than when I began

And I have sensed it all along
Now fast approaching is the day

When the world has fallen out from under me
I'll be found in you, still standing
When the sky rolls up and mountains fall on their knees
When time and space are through
I'll be found in you

There's distraction
Buzzing in my head
Saying in the shadows it's easier to stay
But I've heard rumours of true reality
Whispers of a well-lit way

You make all things new

4 comments:

  1. I love her voice, so soft, yet powerful! I think I'm going to buy her CD today!!! Thanks for sharing Christal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the words and the way the video was done. You might talk with Melinda Camarillo, (if you don't know who she is, I'll point her out) she can come up with some pretty good human videos if you are interested and this would be a good song for that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Song! Thanks for sharing. Her voice is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello.
    coming to you from the blog of "letmythoughtsflow".
    my sister introduced me to shadowfeet when she put a cd together for me right after my son was born and he was having a span of screming and crying for 4 hours each night. i am SO GLAD he out grew that spell! but shadowfeet was one of the few things that saved me from despairing at 11 pm every night.
    she definately does spread some light when she sings. some of her songs are pretty powerful.

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete