Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Sweet Moment

Last night, during out usual routine of settling into bed, I was reading out of one of my pregnancy books. For some reason, I skipped towards the end when it talks about labor and delivery (kinda scary to think about). One section was talking about the part where the baby arrives and is cleaned and all. The book suggested that the "coach", Lennon, tell the mom how great she did. So out of nowhere I looked at L and said, "OK, now after I have the baby the book says you need to congratulate me on how great I did giving birth" and he said with a huge grin on his face "Of course I will tell you that, you will do great". For a split second we were just grinning from ear to ear (I was getting a little teary eyed) and thought about that moment to come. Wow! How amazing it will be....

6 comments:

  1. it is definitely amazing...especially the first time you hold that little being in your arms.

    and before you know it, they're two and running all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet memory to cherish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya'll are both so sweet! This grama can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are no words to describe what that is like. you are going to be in awe. i'm cryin just thinking of it!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, you have no clue! I can't even give a number to the births I have attended, and it never gets old! And when that child is your own...well, you'll see...! That tiny little pinkie is just the right size to wrap Momma and Daddy around. Such a blessing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Chris, you should come over on Monday for a coffee and dessert get together. Consider this your invite. My info is in the directory. My house at 6:00pm

    ReplyDelete